Thursday, May 14, 2009

to blog or not to blog.....

I will apologize in advance if spelling and grammar are not up to par.
I officially decided that I am starting a blog...in recent months I have developed a ritual of reading other people's blogs and decided enough is enough..I want to give it a whirl. So here I am...sharing a little of me with all of you...
Let me fill you in on my life....up until Feb 08, pretty ordinary. I was a graduate of Boston College, working for crap money as a school social worker. Devoting countless hours to enhancing the lives of young children and I LOVED IT (well not the pay or the paperwork). I had a condo and a great guy and a cat that many would agree is not too nice (and thats putting it politely). On Feb. 23, 08 I took a trip out to buy a gift for a friend's baby shower and decided that even though my monthly visit was two days late I would take a preggo test..so as i walked through Target I grabbed a single test, and before even leaving the store I found out I was pregnant....Yes you've read correctly I found out I was preggo in the Target bathroom stall...and my first thoughts "No more caffiene". Fast forward a few weeks...I was a paranoid preggo, I must have taken about 30 preggo test, one everyday until I had blood work done and the nurse convinced me to stop worrying that I was preggo..I guess I was prepared for the worse case scenario from early on...
I had the most uneventful pregnancy, and I loved it...I eagerly took photos of the belly and read every websites baby development. I wasn't hormonal, no sickness, no swelling, no heartburn...nothing. I did not let it slow me down either...I continued to teach aerobics and lead an active life...the only change I gave up coffee.....We had our u/s everything went great, they even bumped my edd from 10/31 to 10/22. I remember the dr being concerned with changing my due date and I said whats the difference of nine days..he said well if the baby comes early or late those nine days make a huge difference...We did not find out the gender...we were a team green family.
Fast forward to exactly 34 weeks....I woke up to some cramping and spotting....called the dr. they said have you had sex..."yes"..."okay thats probably why, just drink some water and rest for an hour" me "can I just go to work and rest while I do paperwork" nurse "no" After two hours went to work told them I wasnt going to stay due to some concerns...called dr office and said I wanted in today to double check...dropped Kenny off at dentist (the great thing of having one car)..drove to hospital....waited for what seemed like eternity....dr came in checked me and said your dialated to 2 and contracting go to labor and delivery...me "i have to go get my boyfriend" dr "make it quick".....drive get Kenny, he has had two teeth pulled in the interim...back to hospital...they try to slow/stop contractions, they feel its under control..I send Kenny home, my mother arrives to visit...goes home...I go to sleep....wake up at 430 peeing myself, well not really, it was my water breaking...get nurse...she confirms....dr arrives "you are 3 cm now, we are sending you via ambulance to another hospital equipped for preemie" I turn to autopilot, calmly calling Kenny...NO ANSWER....because I turned his phone on silent and hes doped on pain meds from his teeth...call my mom and say my water broke I am going to Worcester, you need to go get Kenny.....anxiety building...call Jenn (soon to be sister in law)..she answers I break into tears and tell her I need her husband to go get Kenny. Yes I sent two people over to get Kenny, was not sure if my mom could actually wake him up.....contractions a little stronger, and I am still relatively calm....kenny and mom arrive, ambulance comes, dr says you'll probably have baby tonight or tomorrow...and I think to myself "ugh today is Sept.11" Hop on stretcher only to find out I will be alone with nurse and emts in ambulance.....

I am gonna take a break right there, its bed time for me...I will start there tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment