Monday, August 31, 2009

First to wake last to bed

So here I am sitting by the computer, the house quiet besides the lull of an OLD dishwasher, and dryer. Another day has passed and we celebrated a momentous occasion..Miss Madalyn Rose cut her first tooth just two weeks shy of ONE year old. I thought she had been teething for sometime, but let me say that what I thought was teething does not compare to the actual teething. Along with teething, we packed up the 6-9 and 9 mth clothing, bitter sweet. As her birthday rapidly approaches a lot of feelings start to resurface....remembering being pregnant this time last year so happy and completely unaware that just two weeks away was the birth of this perfect little person. Then my cousin had her fourth child (she is amazing), she went home yesterday...she called me today to tell me how strong I was for holding it together while leaving the hospital without my baby...now let me say that my cousin is a labor and delivery nurse so she sees preemies all the time, but she said its different when someone close has to go through it...
Each day with Madalyn is a blessing from God. I am truly lucky...she is a healthy baby girl who is thriving. She is a nurturing baby already feeding her babies with a bottle. She is also developing this personality that is showing mommy and daddy to look out. Its so hard to believe that she will be ONE is just 12 days. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment